Thursday 19 February 2009

25 Random Things About Me

I not a fan of chain letters, but must confess that I rather like the latest craze on Facebook which is '25 Random Things'. The idea is that you write down 25 random things about yourself and then 'tag' 25 of your friends to do the same.

So here are mine...


1. My Dad was a PT instructor in the Metropolitan Police

2. My only A grades at ‘O’ level were in ‘needlecraft and dress’ and ‘food and nutrition’. At the time my brother said this qualified me to make me a good wife. My husband now questions my ability to cook or sew.


3. I love Thomas Hardy. My youngest daughter Tess is named after Tess of the D’Urbervilles.

4. I wanted to be a PE teacher when I was at school.

5. I start a lot of books, but don’t always finish them. I am currently reading 4.

6. My middle brother was a Gladiator – at the Birmingham NEC not in Rome.

7. I ran the London Marathon in 2001. Not sure I will be running another.

8. Having shared all significant birthday’s with my twin brother as I grew up, I married a man who was born two days before me. When I am feeling selfish, I begrudge the fact that I have to share my birthdays.

9. My dad was on the Krypton Factor (the first series in the 1970s)

10. I met my husband when I attended a conference for Gatorade at The Four Seasons Hotel in Santa Barbara.

11. I regret never representing my country at a sport. Not too late to qualify in age group triathlon when I have more time to train.

12. I love lots of American Drama – NYPD Blue, Gray’s Anatomy, ER, Brothers and Sisters, Weeds, Lipstick Jungle. All time favourite series is without doubt The West Wing.

13. An ex boyfriend competed at 5 Olympic Games.

14. I was a vegetarian for 7 years, but weakened one night and shared a Chicken Korma with Karen, my sister-in-law.

15. I still play netball fairly regularly – Goal Defence.

16. Song that most makes me smile: ‘There must be an Angel’ by the Eurythmics.

17. I really love cabbage and sprouts. Must be the vegetarian thing.

18. Wish I’d learnt to play the clarinet when I was young.

19. My favourite film of all time is 'Love Actually'.

20. The last film I saw was 'Hotel for Dogs'. On Valentines Day evening with 5 children. How times have changed.

21. I worked at Harrods on a trainee management programme for a year when I left school.

22. I truly believe that in life “what goes around comes around” and “you reap what you sow”.

23. My love of Australian red wine and bread will prevent me from ever remaining a size 10… or 12.

24. The most excitement I have ever felt at a sporting event was when I won the Hounslow Borough Championships for the one length breast stroke in 1977 (age 11) and beat Wendy Vincent.

25. I would have liked to have been an actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment