Thursday 5 March 2009

Twitter etiquette?

I attended a conference last week and heard about a Political Editor from Reuters who was attending the Economic World Forum Annual Meeting in Davos last month and 'tweeted' some of the key announcements from the conference floor, which were then picked up and appeared on websites immediately.

In effect, the information was out there faster than the 'Reuters' wire' which is renown for being the first place journalists pick up news stories.

Apparently, when asked by his bosses about what happened, the individual concerned said that he was just moving with the times and the technology available. I guess if he wasn't tweeting then someone else at the conference might have been.

Following last week's furore as politicians used Twitter during President Obama's first address to a joint session of Congress, it also begs the question about etiquette too.

Tempted as I was to 'Tweet' a few highlights from the FIA Vanguard session today, you'll be pleased to know that I didn't. But I will summarise them in my blog later this evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment